Supports most UW Study Abroad programs
Upcoming deadline: February 15, 2017 for study abroad in summer, early fall or fall 2017
Deadlines and timelines
- There are two application periods each year for the GO! and Fritz Scholarships – one during fall quarter and one during winter quarter.
- You must apply in the application period appropriate to your quarter of study abroad. If you are studying abroad during winter and spring quarters, you must apply at the fall quarter deadline. If you are going in summer, early fall or fall, you must apply at the winter quarter deadline.
- Your application will be reviewed independently by our scholarship review committee. This process takes about 3 to 4 weeks.
- Global Opportunities will contact you via email about one month after the application deadline to let you know whether you have been nominated to receive a scholarship.
- If you have questions during this process, please email the Global Opportunities adviser at email@example.com.
If you are nominated, you must do the following:
- Participate in the study abroad program listed on your application
- Complete all required steps to enroll in a study abroad program or internship of at least three weeks length through UW Study Abroad
- Upon return, help promote Global Opportunities through the GO and Give Back program
- International students are welcome to apply
- If you are eligible for both the GO! and Fritz Scholarships, you are encouraged to apply for both. However, you may only receive one or the other if nominated for both scholarships.
- Eligible students may only receive each scholarship once.
- Students who have previously applied but were not selected are welcome to apply again.
- Those who have received the GO! or Fritz Scholarship to support one study abroad may apply for the other scholarship to support a subsequent study abroad.
- Please share a little bit about your study abroad program. Where will you go, what will you study and what drew you to your program?
- What do you hope to gain personally, academically and/or professionally in your study abroad program?
- Describe the world you come from. How will your life experience impact your study abroad program?
Your application will be reviewed by a committee of UW faculty and staff members. They will consider the following factors:
Student’s motivation for the program they have chosen
- Strong applicants will discuss the factors that contributed to the program they have selected and the attributes of their program that appeal to them.
Study abroad program aligns or compliments the student’s personal, academic, or professional interests.
- Strong applications provide committee insight into their personal, academic and/or professional interests and demonstrate a link between the learning goals of the study abroad program and their goals.
Impact of the student’s participation on their study abroad program.
- Strong applicants will provide context that helps the committee understand the potential impact and perceived benefits studying abroad.