Supports most UW Study Abroad programs
- The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship is national scholarship program offering 2,700+ scholarships of up to $5,000 each year.
- Award amounts vary based on student need and program length.
- If you are studying a critical need language while abroad, in a country where that language is predominantly spoken, you will be automatically considered for an additional award of up to $3,000.
- You must be a U.S. citizen undergraduate.
- Must be receiving a federal Pell Grant or provide proof that you will be receiving a Pell Grant at the time of application or during the term of your study.
- Your study abroad program must last for at least four weeks in one country. If your program will take you to more than one country, you may still be eligible if you stay in one country for at least four consecutive weeks.
- Your program must not visit a country on U.S. Department of State’s current Travel Warning list. (There is an exception for certain parts of Mexico.)
The deadline for summer, early fall and fall programs is March 7, 2016 at 11:59pm Central Time.