GO! STEMXChange Scholarship
The GO!STEMXChange scholarship supports students majoring in STEM fields in exchange opportunities with one of UW’s international partner universities. These programs are typically at least a semester in length, but students can study for up to a full year. To learn more about University of Washington’s exchange partners, visit the UW Study Abroad website and talk with an adviser. Scholarship award amounts will vary based on program costs, up to $4,000. Ideal candidates will demonstrate flexibility, resilience and a commitment to a STEM field. The GO! STEMXChange scholarship program is now accepting applications. The application deadline is February 15th 2017. Students must apply for specific exchange programs through the UW Study Abroad Office located in 459 Schmitz Hall. The deadline for programs that begin in Autumn 2017 or Winter 2018 is January 15th, 2017. Contact UW Study Abroad for more information. Follow the information below to learn about applying for the GO! STEMXChange scholarship to financially support your time abroad on an exchange program.
To be eligible for a GO!STEMXChange Scholarship, candidates must:
- be a resident of Washington state
- be in a STEM major
- be eligible to take part in a UW Study Abroad program
- apply and be accepted into a university or departmental exchange
How to Apply
The online GO!STEMXChange application consists of multiple components:
- Basic information about your study plans
- Curriculum vitae, resume, or activities list
- Three short answer essays
2017 Short Answer Essay Prompts:
- Please share a little about your study abroad program. Where will you go, what will you study, and what drew you to this program?
- Address how study abroad fits or complements your academic and career goals.
- Describe the world you come from. How will your life experience impact your study abroad program?
Your application will be reviewed by a committee of UW faculty and staff members. They will consider the following factors:
Student’s motivation for the program they have chosen
- Strong applicants will discuss the factors that contributed to the program they have selected and the attributes of their program that appeal to them.
Study abroad program aligns or compliments the student’s academic and professional interests.
- Strong applications provide committee insight into their academic and professional interests and demonstrate a link between the learning goals of the study abroad program and their goals.
Impact of the student’s participation on their study abroad program
- Strong applicants will provide context that helps the committee understand the potential impact of studying abroad for the student.