Inner Pipeline Seminars
Participate in a weekly seminar and tutor for at least 2.5 hours a week at a Seattle school or community organization. All of our courses are I & S credits, and are listed under EDUC 401. The number of credits depends on the number of tutoring hours completed in addition to seminar attendance. Seminars are a fantastic opportunity to learn about issues in public education and tutoring strategies, while reflecting and learning from your tutoring site.
- EDUC 401, specific sections and SLNs linked below.
- CREDITS: 1-5. Seminars are Credit/No Credit.
- All students will take a required Pipeline Orientation the first day of the seminar class. If you miss the first day of class you must sign up for an alternative orientation here and complete orientation by the end of the second week of the quarter.
The following seminars will be offered during Fall Quarter 2017:
- Higher Education Tutoring (EDUC 401L & EDUC 401M)
- Challenges and Possiblities in K-12 Education (EDUC 401Q)
- Teaching English Language Learners (EDUC 401A)
- Tutoring Math and Science in K-12 Education (EDUC 401C)
- Education in the Criminal Justice System (EDUC 401 G)