Inner Pipeline Seminars
Participate in a weekly seminar and tutor for at least 2.5 hours a week at a Seattle school or community organization. All of our courses are I & S credits, and are listed under EDUC 401. The number of credits depends on the number of tutoring hours completed in addition to seminar attendance. Seminars are a fantastic opportunity to learn about issues in public education and tutoring strategies, while reflecting and learning from your tutoring site.
- EDUC 401, specific sections and SLNs linked below.
- CREDITS: 1-5. Seminars are Credit/No Credit.
- All students will take a required Pipeline Orientation the first day of the seminar class. If you miss the first day of class you must sign up for an alternative orientation here and complete orientation by the end of the second week of the quarter.
The following seminars will be offered during Fall Quarter 2018:
- Online Learning Community: Current Topics in K-12 (EDUC 401D)
- Literacy in the Criminal Justice System (EDUC 401A)
For EDUC 401 seminars, the number of credits a student receives depends on the number of tutoring hours completed in addition to seminar attendance. Credit and tutoring requirements are as follows:
1 credit: 2-3 hours tutoring/week (at least 20 hours tutoring/quarter)*
2 credits: 2-3 hours tutoring/week (at least 20 hours tutoring/quarter)
3 credits: 5 hours tutoring/week (at least 40 hours tutoring/quarter)
4 credits: 7.5 hours tutoring/week (at least 60 hours tutoring/quarter)
5 credits: 10 hours tutoring/week (at least 80 hours tutoring/quarter)
*A student may opt to register for 1 credit if it means avoiding an additional registration fee. Students may also register for more than 5 credits.
If you need to make up tutoring hours for a circumstance out of your control (school closure, holiday) you can complete an online assignment. Each assignment is worth two tutoring hours.