Inner Pipeline Seminars
Participate in a weekly seminar and tutor for at least 2.5 hours a week at a Seattle school or community organization. All of our courses are I & S credits, and are listed under EDUC 401. The number of credits depends on the number of tutoring hours completed in addition to seminar attendance. Seminars are a fantastic opportunity to learn about issues in public education and tutoring strategies, while reflecting and learning from your tutoring site.
All students will take a required Pipeline Orientation the first day of the seminar class. If you miss the first day of class you must sign up for an alternative orientation here and complete orientation by the end of the second week of the quarter.
- 3 credits*: 3 hours tutoring/week (at least 20 hours tutoring/quarter)
- 4 credits: 5 hours tutoring/week (at least 40 hours tutoring/quarter)
- 5 credits: 7.5 hours tutoring/week (at least 60 hours tutoring/quarter)
- 6 credits**: 10 hours tutoring/week (at least 80 hours tutoring/quarter)
* A student may opt to register for 1 or 2 credits if it means avoiding an additional registration fee.
** If a student would like to register for more than 6 credits, they should email email@example.com with the request.
Winter Quarter 2019 Seminars:
- EDUC 401 M: Tutoring Math and Science in K-12 Education 4:30 PM - 5:50 PM
- EDUC 401 I: Teaching English Language Learners 10:30 AM - 11:50 AM
- EDUC 401 L: Challenges & Opportunities 3:00 PM - 4:20 PM
- EDUC 401 E: Challenges & Opportunities (online seminar for continuing Pipeline tutors only)
- Continuing Enrollment Only:
- Meeting Day/Time TBD: