EDUC 401 A: K-12 Success: A New Model of Leadership
- Date/Time: Tuesdays 6:00 PM – 7:20 PM
- Location: SAV 130
- Facilitator: Nicole Belle, firstname.lastname@example.org
- SLN: 13951
NO ADD CODE REQUIRED
Students will learn how to find their own leadership that will help them succeed as they tutor at their site. Leadership can be cultivated to create a foundation for K-12 academic success, and how they can bring their own skills of self leadership into their tutoring and mentorship experiences. Students will also discover how self-leadership principles can be used to address issues of racial equity and social justice.
For this seminar, the number of credits a student receives depends on the number of tutoring hours completed in addition to seminar attendance. Credit and tutoring requirements are as follows:
- 3 credits*: 2.5 hours tutoring/week (at least 20 hours tutoring/quarter)
- 4 credits: 5 hours tutoring/week (at least 40 hours tutoring/quarter)
- 5 credits: 7.5 hours tutoring/week (at least 60 hours tutoring/quarter)
- 6 credits**: 10 hours tutoring/week (at least 80 hours tutoring/quarter)
*A Student may opt to register for 1 or 2 credits if it means avoiding an additional registration fee.
** Students can only enroll for a max of 6 credits total per Quarter when tutoring for the Pipeline Project. Need more Credits still? Email email@example.com and we will do our best to accommodate you
If you need to make up tutoring hours for a circumstance out of your control (school closure, holiday) you can complete an online assignment. Each assignment is worth two tutoring hours.