Rainier Beach High School
About the School:
Rainier Beach is a comprehensive high school with the smaller size that many parents prefer. This provides more personalized education in which the staff is able to know students well – a key factor in student achievement.
Through the International Baccalaureate program, the arts and music classes, the CTE classes, and AP Computer Science courses students work with a group of teachers over a period of time.
Strong mentoring programs support incoming ninth-graders in the transition to high school. This continues until students graduate. We have created a climate in which all students feel a sense of belonging, and these efforts are paying off in improved student achievement – our shared goal for all of our students.
Some of our highlights include:
- The International Baccalaureate program offers students and families a great opportunity to participate in the IB diploma program during their high school years. It offers excellent college preparation and a well-rounded education.
- Approximately 29 community partners, in addition to the PTSA, supporting academics, college planning and social/emotional needs
- A strong athletic program focused on the academics and creating student-athletes
- A small school atmosphere in which students are known by many adults in the building
- Full-time arts and music programs
Rainier Beach HS Protesting and Marching
To complete the Rainier Beach WA BLOC volunteer paperwork, click here.