Scholarship Advising Appointments
- Generally available Monday through Friday, between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- In-person, by phone, or Skype, just let us know your preference!
Our office strives to be a helpful resource for all UW undergraduate students. We welcome current UW undergraduates and bachelor’s alums to make an appointment with us!
We can assist with:
- Application essays
- Your CV/Resume
- Tips on requesting strong letters of recommendation
- Brainstorming for essays
- Essay feedback
- Many other parts of the application process!
Before you schedule an appointment
Please be sure to read through this website and at least attempt some scholarship searching to identify specific scholarships you would like to pursue. If you are just getting started, plan to attend one of our regular workshops before your first appointment.
What to expect
- Advising appointments are usually 30-60 minutes long. During your appointment, we will likely ask a lot of questions about your interests, activities, studies, goals, etc. But don’t worry, we don’t expect you to have all the answers!
- We may be able to suggest scholarships and programs for you to consider, but we won’t be able to give you a list. So, plan to set aside some time to search on your own.
- Feel free to bring drafts with you! And don’t be afraid to ask us any questions you might have about scholarships, applications, letters of recommendation, etc.
- We are here to support you and we view the scholarship application process as a learning opportunity.
For general scholarship information, please consider attending one of our workshops or information sessions, scheduled throughout the quarter.