Faculty & Staff
UW students are doing incredible academic and extracurricular work, but often don’t realize how they can connect that work with scholarship and fellowship resources. Encouragement and support from faculty and staff can make the difference in helping students to realize their potential and take their projects and studies to a higher level.
Thank you for taking this interest in your students! Our office is a resource in that endeavor and we appreciate being able to collaborate with faculty and staff across all three UW campuses to make scholarships available to our students and help them to access and competitively apply for many prestigious programs.
Helping connect students with scholarship opportunities:
- Top 10 Ways to Help Undergraduates Succeed in National Scholarship Competitions
- As you identify exceptional students in your department, please either:
- encourage them to contact the Office of Merit Scholarships, Fellowships & Awards and schedule an appointment to discuss the scholarship and fellowship opportunities that match their talents and interests, or
- fill out our online referral form and we will contact the student directly to set up an appointment.
- Search our scholarship database
Staying informed about scholarship-related programming:
There are many different types of scholarships and scholarship selection processes that UW undergraduates can take advantage of, and that faculty and staff members can play influential roles in. Our office coordinates campus selection and nomination processes for those national scholarship programs that require university endorsement/nomination. When university nomination is required, our office creates application processes intended to make these opportunities widely available to any student interested in the opportunities the scholarships provide, and will set a campus application deadline well in advance of the programs’ national deadline to allow for our internal selection processes.
The national scholarships we work with in this capacity are:
- Beinecke Scholarship
- Boren Scholarship
- Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Junior Fellowship
- DAAD Graduate Study Scholarships
- Fulbright U.S. Student Grant
- Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship
- Luce Scholars Program
- Schwarzman Scholars Program
- Truman Scholarship
- Udall Scholarship
- UK Scholarships (Gates Cambridge, Churchill, Marshall, Mitchell, Rhodes)
- Yenching Academy
- YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund
We work intensively with students applying for these and many more national and local scholarship programs. Please feel free to e-mail us or complete our online referral form to recommend students you think might be interested or strong candidates for national scholarships.