Martin Achievement Scholarship
The Martin Family Foundation established the Martin Achievement Scholarship program to fund students who have demonstrated signs of exceptional ability in art, humanities, music, science, and/or leadership at one of the fifteen Washington State Community Colleges located around the Puget Sound region. The program will select Martin Achievement Scholars early in the first year of their community college career and will fund, encourage and support their second year of study and eventual transfer to the University of Washington Seattle campus.
The award is dependent on successful admission to the University of Washington as a matriculated student.
- Be Washington State residents who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents who intend to become U.S. citizens.
- Be currently enrolled students at Bellevue, Cascadia, Edmonds, Everett, Grays Harbor, Green River, Highline, North Seattle, Olympic, Peninsula, Pierce, Seattle Central, Shoreline, South Seattle or Tacoma College pursuing their first baccalaureate degree
- Have earned a minimum of 15 community college transfer credits
- Have demonstrated signs of exceptional ability in science, humanities, music, art, leadership and/or service to the community
- The selection committee gives no consideration to an applicant’s gender, race, color, creed, or national origin.
- Applicants for the 2017 Martin Achievement Scholarship should not plan on transferring to the UW prior to summer 2018.
The current application period is open now! The deadline to apply is April 7, 2017.
Please click here for additional information and to access the Martin Achievement Scholarship application.
If, after reading through that information, you have additional questions, please contact the Office of Merit Scholarships, Fellowships & Awards at the University of Washington: firstname.lastname@example.org, 206-543-4282, 171 Mary Gates Hall.