Martin Honors Scholarship
The Martin Family Foundation Honors Scholarship Program enables Washington State Community College students of exceptional ability and outstanding achievement to complete their baccalaureate degrees at the University of Washington Seattle Campus. Martin Honors Scholars are encouraged to join departmental honors programs at UW, if available.
Applicants are considered for superior strength of character, intellectual ability, a sense of purpose, and leadership and service to the community. They are expected to have well-formulated ideas about the direction of future studies and subsequent careers. In addition, They should list evidence of how a Martin Scholarship will encourage the pursuit of a program of education most likely to fulfill their potential. Financial need may be considered but is not a requirement.
- Be Washington State residents who meet any one of the following three categories:
- US citizens, or
- US Permanent Residents, or
- Eligible for in-state tuition through HB 1079 qualification. For additional information about HB 1079 qualification, please visit http://readysetgrad.org/wasfa and please read about UW’s requirements at https://depts.washington.edu/reach/hb-1079undocumented-students/. Not sure if you meet this requirement? Please contact Robin Chang: email@example.com or 206-543-2603.
- Be currently attending or have attended a community college in the state of Washington.
- Have earned a minimum of 36 credits at a Washington State Community College by the time they matriculate at the University of Washington. Students who hold an associate’s degree are encouraged to apply.
- Washington State community college transfer students who are currently enrolled at the University of Washington may not have earned more than 18 UW credits by the application deadline.
- The award will depend on successful admission to University of Washington Seattle as a matriculated student.
- The selection committee gives no consideration to an applicant’s gender, race, color, creed, or national origin.
The application for 2019 Martin Honors Scholarships will open in May and have a deadline in July 2019. Please click here for additional information and application materials.
If, after reading through that information, you have additional questions, please contact the Office of Merit Scholarships, Fellowships & Awards at the University of Washington: firstname.lastname@example.org, 206-543-4282, 171 Mary Gates Hall.