Mary Gates Endowment
Website: Mary Gates Endowment
The Mary Gates Endowment provides for four kinds of awards that support and enrich undergraduate students' learning. Honors Scholarships help recruit outstanding high school seniors to the UW. Research Scholarships enable students to deepen their involvement in work with faculty on research, curricular design, the creative arts, and other forms of scholarly endeavor. Students contribute to a host of faculty projects in a wide range of disciplines. Leadership Scholarships are designed to foster students' growth as leaders. Leadership scholars deepen their commitment to community by pursuing a challenge or project, often focused on public service in the community or on campus. Innovation Internships funds full-time summer internships in faculty-led start-up initiatives.
- Leadership Scholarship applicants must be planning or involved in a project of their own design starting the quarter they apply or before. Research Scholarship applicants must already be engaged in research with faculty, by the beginning of the quarter in which they apply.
- Candidates must be full time (registered for at/ least 12 credits) UW undergraduate students and pursuing their first bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates must have a letter of recommendation from their mentor, turned in by the deadline.
- During their period of funding, scholars must continue to be actively engaged with with their leadership project and remain full-time students (except summer quarter—students need only be enrolled for one credit to receive funds). Please visit Scholar Responsibilities and Opportunities for more information.
- Candidates do not need to be U.S. citizens.
- Us Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- International or Other Visa Status
Complete all steps listed on following application(s):
The Mary Gates Endowment for Students is supported by a team of staff and students. We can be contacted in the following ways:
- In person at the Center for Experiential Learning in Mary Gates Hall 171
- Via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via phone at 206-616-3925