EDUC 401 F: Mental Health and a Place: A Path to Resistance in Education
- Date/Time: Mondays 10:30 AM – 11:50 AM
- Location: SAV 136
- Facilitator: Kaleb Germinaro, email@example.com
- SLN: 14165
NO ADD CODE REQUIRED
This course will address how communities of color experience trauma and how trauma has been moderated by systems of oppression and perpetuated across ecological systems. We will discuss how these different systems have influenced the trauma of communities of color while also addressing the various ways preventative work is taking place in and out of school. We will also address the multiple solutions to this problem by giving insight to systemic and individual approaches being taken up in this work around, what we like to call, mental health equity.
For this seminar, the number of credits a student receives depends on the number of tutoring hours completed in addition to seminar attendance. Credit and tutoring requirements are as follows:
- 3 credits*: 2.5 hours tutoring/week (at least 20 hours tutoring/quarter)
- 4 credits: 5 hours tutoring/week (at least 40 hours tutoring/quarter)
- 5 credits: 7.5 hours tutoring/week (at least 60 hours tutoring/quarter)
- 6 credits**: 10 hours tutoring/week (at least 80 hours tutoring/quarter)
* A student may opt to register for 1 or 2 credits if it means avoiding an additional registration fee.
** If a student would like to register for more than 6 credits, they should email firstname.lastname@example.org with the request.