Autumn 2020 EDUC 401 Inner Pipeline Seminars
The following seminars will be offered during Autumn Quarter 2020:
- EDUC 401 J: Asian Critical Race Theory: Locating Asian Experiences in the US (11:30 AM -1:20 PM)
- EDUC 401 T: Immigrant & Refugee Education Seminar (6:00 PM – 7:20 PM)
- EDUC 401 B: COVID-19 and the Move to Online Learning (10:30 AM – 11:50 AM)
- EDUC 401 C: Tutoring Math and Science Seminar (3:30 PM – 4:50PM)
- EDUC 401 L: Pursuing Equitable Expanded Learning Opportunities (3:30 PM – 4:50 PM)
- EDUC 401 G: English Language Learners (ELL) Seminar (10:30 AM – 11:50 AM)
- EDUC 401 A: Online K-12 Challenges and Opportunities in K-12 Education (Online)
Your educational practicum for EDUC 401 will either be in-person or remote, depending on public health recommendations this summer.
- If schools and organizations are open: We’ll help you get set up tutoring in a K-12 classroom or community organization. Tutors make a minimum commitment of 2-3 hours per week for at least one quarter.
- If schools and organizations are closed: You’ll be doing remote support for educators, by making educational videos that will be sent to K-12 students. These videos have been requested by teachers, community members and schools!
Either way, through participating with Pipeline, you’ll make a difference for K-12 students in the Seattle area.
For EDUC 401 seminars, the number of credits a student receives depends on the number of tutoring hours or videos completed in addition to seminar attendance.
Seminars are Credit/No Credit, and are I&S credits. Credit and tutoring requirements are as follows:
- 1-3 credits*: 20 hours of tutoring over the quarter, or creation of two educational videos during the quarter
- 4 credits: 40 hours of tutoring over the quarter, or creation of three educational videos during the quarter
- 5 credits: 60 hours of tutoring over the quarter, or creation of four educational videos during the quarter
- 6 credits**: 80 hours of tutoring over the quarter, or creation of five educational videos during the quarter
* A student may opt to register for 1 or 2 credits if it means avoiding an additional registration fee.
** If a student would like to register for more than 6 credits, they should email firstname.lastname@example.org with the request.
Current EDUC 401 Students: Need to change the number of credits for your seminar? Pipeline staff can help you do this for free. Please email email@example.com before Friday of Week 7.