Spring 2020 EDUC 401 Pipeline Seminars
Note: This page has been updated to reflect the circumstances and changed requirements due to the nature of online learning and physical school closure. For other updated procedures surrounding EDUC 401 due to COVID-19 please see our COVID-19 response page: COVID-19 Response
Participate in a weekly seminar and create at least two educational videos. All of our courses are I & S credits, and are listed under EDUC 401. The number of credits depends on the number of educational videos created for community, parent, and student remote learning in addition to seminar attendance. Seminars are a fantastic opportunity to learn about issues in public education and tutoring strategies, while reflecting and learning from this unprecedented time in education.
All students will take a required Pipeline Orientation the second day of the seminar class. If you missed orientation, please email email@example.com. This orientation goes over all the requirements related to the educational videos.
For EDUC 401 seminars, the number of credits a student receives depends on the number of tutoring hours completed in addition to seminar attendance. Seminars are Credit/No Credit. Credit and tutoring requirements are as follows:
- 1-3 credits*: 2 educational videos, staggered in two installments throughout the quarter
- 4 credits: 3 educational videos, staggered in two installments throughout the quarter
- 5 credits: 4 educational videos, staggered in two installments throughout the quarter
- 6 credits**: 5 educational videos, staggered in two installments throughout the quarter
*A Student may opt to register for 1 or 2 credits if it means avoiding an additional registration fee.
** Students can only enroll for a max of 6 credits total per Quarter when tutoring for the Pipeline Project. Need more Credits still? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to accommodate you
Need to change the number of Credits for your Seminar? If by any means you are in need of a Variable Credit Change in your EDUC 401 Seminar you have to email Pipeline on your situation and must come into our offices at MGH 171 to waive Credit Change Fee before Friday of Week 7.
The following seminars will be offered during Spring Quarter 2020 (all online):
- EDUC 401 D: Food Security & Empowerment 5:00 PM – 6:20 PM
- EDUC 401 Q: Exploring the Intersectionalities of Undocumented Students in K-12 11:30 AM – 12:50 PM
- EDUC 401 B: Tutoring Math and Science Seminar (Spring) 3:30 PM – 4:50 PM
- EDUC 401 Z: English Language Learners Seminar 2:00 PM – 3:20 PM
- EDUC 401 S: Unforgetting: (Re)Creating Filipinx American Educational Narratives 3:30 PM – 5:20 PM
- EDUC 401 P Challenges and Opportunities in K-12 Education 3:00 PM – 4:20 PM
- EDUC 401 E: Online K-12 Education Seminar (Returning Tutors Only)