Licton Springs K-8
About the School:
We use an alternative method of teaching that emphasizes hands-on learning, culturally responsive curriculum, and community engagement. We emphasize Native experience, culture, and history while serving a diverse, multicultural student community, and connect learning in the classroom to real-world context.
- Native focused, honoring Northwest tribes and the diversity of Native people throughout the Americas.
- Tribal Sovereignty Curriculum
- Social justice education
- Individualized approach for different types of learners
- Frequent field trips and community speakers
- Model of shared decision making