Spring 2020 EDUC 401 Pipeline Seminars
Participate in a weekly seminar and tutor for at least 2.5 hours a week at a Seattle school or community organization. All of our courses are I & S credits, and are listed under EDUC 401. The number of credits depends on the number of tutoring hours completed in addition to seminar attendance. Seminars are a fantastic opportunity to learn about issues in public education and tutoring strategies, while reflecting and learning from your tutoring site.
For updated procedures surrounding EDUC 401 due to COVID-19 please see our COVID-19 response page: COVID-19 Response
All students will take a required Pipeline Orientation the second day of the seminar class. If you miss the first day of class you must sign up for an alternative orientation here and complete orientation by the end of the second week of the quarter.
For EDUC 401 seminars, the number of credits a student receives depends on the number of tutoring hours completed in addition to seminar attendance. Seminars are Credit/No Credit. Credit and tutoring requirements are as follows:
- 3 credits*: 3 hours tutoring/week (at least 20 hours tutoring/quarter)
- 4 credits: 5 hours tutoring/week (at least 40 hours tutoring/quarter)
- 5 credits: 7.5 hours tutoring/week (at least 60 hours tutoring/quarter)
- 6 credits**: 10 hours tutoring/week (at least 80 hours tutoring/quarter)
*A Student may opt to register for 1 or 2 credits if it means avoiding an additional registration fee.
** Students can only enroll for a max of 6 credits total per Quarter when tutoring for the Pipeline Project. Need more Credits still? Email email@example.com and we will do our best to accommodate you
Need to change the number of Credits for your Seminar? If by any means you are in need of a Variable Credit Change in your EDUC 401 Seminar you have to email Pipeline on your situation and must come into our offices at MGH 171 to waive Credit Change Fee before Friday of Week 7.
The following seminars will be offered during Spring Quarter 2020 (all online):
- EDUC 401 D: Food Security & Empowerment 5:00 PM – 6:20 PM
- EDUC 401 Q: Exploring the Intersectionalities of Undocumented Students in K-12 11:30 AM – 12:50 PM
- EDUC 401 B: Tutoring Math and Science Seminar (Spring) 3:30 PM – 4:50 PM
- EDUC 401 Z: English Language Learners Seminar 2:00 PM – 3:20 PM
- EDUC 401 S: Unforgetting: (Re)Creating Filipinx American Educational Narratives 3:30 PM – 5:20 PM
- EDUC 401 P Challenges and Opportunities in K-12 Education 3:00 PM – 4:20 PM
- EDUC 401 E: Online K-12 Education Seminar (Returning Tutors Only)